August just seemed to fly by, it’s been another great month and for the most part, the weather has been brilliant – well the first half of the month! We’ve had some lovely family days out in the sunshine and I’ve loved exploring the area a bit more with long walks with Aiden. The Inspector Morse Trail is a particular favourite spot of mine and walking along the river is just beautiful.
My word for August was ORGANISE, which was all in relation to us relocating and moving home at the end of the month. I haven’t spoken about it on the blog until now as I wanted our plans to be more firmed up, but it’s happening and I’ll go into more detail in another post.
I’ve already made a decent start on clearing things out, selling unwanted items on eBay and bagging things up for charity. It’s going to be such a massive change, but I’m excited about a totally different way of life and a more minimal way of living.
WHAT I GOT UP TO IN AUGUST
Like I mentioned above, we’ve had lots of quality time together as a family recently, something that I really relish. We went out for fantastic Sunday lunch at The Perch Inn that I highly recommend if you’re ever in the area. It was a beautiful sunny day, so I made sure I got my Pimm’s fix for that ultimate summer vibe.
Another great day out was the annual reunion with our friends and Alfie’s side of the family. They got to meet Aiden for the first time who was a bump at the last meet up and we ate lots of yummy food. We met up at the gorgeous Nymans Garden that is part of the National Trust. I really need to hire their gardener as the grounds were impressive!
I’ve been making sure that I practise some actions of self-love towards myself in August and it’s something that I aim to continue working on into the new season. I’ve tried to switch off from social media most evenings and have spent some time treating myself with flowers, days out, my favourite foods and generally finding a small amount of time in my day to just relax.
We went to a lovely celebration to see my friend’s baby being christened. Aiden rocked the cutest little outfit and I was especially jealous of his adorable little shoes.
Talking of treating myself I popped into the Fudge Kitchen on a recent shopping trip and couldn’t resist a delicious slice of their salted caramel fudge. Seriously it was a tough choice as the peanut butter fudge and the salted dark chocolate fudge were also calling my name. I safely stored this away in the freezer so I don’t eat it all in one go.
Of course, there was also my mum’s beautiful wedding in a castle up in Scotland. It was so small and simple and reminded me that you don’t need all of that excess to have a wonderful time; it’s all about those special moments and spending time with those dearest to you.
On the blog, I shared my recipe for this healthy breakfast idea that is great for adults and kids, my Red Pepper, Spinach & Cheese Egg Muffins (above). Also, I blogged recipes for my Chocolate Bounty Bliss Balls, which are the perfect healthy chocolate fix and my Thai Cauliflower Cashew Soup, so check them out if you haven’t done so already.
FAVOURITE POSTS FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 25 of the BEST Dairy Free Recipes – a great round-up of recipes including a couple of my own!
- 6 Avocado Beauty Products to Superfeed Your Skin – just more great reasons why I can’t get enough of avocados.
- Healthy Snacks For Long Car Journeys (for adults & baby)
- Want More Self-Love? Eliminate This Word From Your Vocabulary
- 6 Ways To Eat Healthy On a Budget
- 5 Ultimate Ways To Boost Your Vegetable Intake Without Even Trying
- The Secret Ingredient You’re Missing for Stronger Motivation
- We Are Not Rivals – bloody LOVED this! Motherhood is hard as it is without us criticising or comparing how we raise our babies.
- 10 Quick Mood Boosters For When You’re Feeling Grey
- 9 Crucial Reasons To Eat Healthy Instead of Dieting
- Why Fitspiration is Bad for Women
MOMENTS THAT MADE MY HEART SING
- Seeing my mum look so happy and beautiful at her wedding
- Quality family time
- A gorgeous bouquet of flowers and gifts from one of my oldest friends
- Aiden learning how to kiss my cheek when I say “kiss kiss” – adorable!
- Periscope – I’m so addicted and you can follow me @celery_cupcakes
- Getting crafty and creative
- Finally getting round to writing my E-book after a long hiatus
- Planning Aiden’s 1st birthday party
- Summer sunshine
My word for September definitely has to be MINIMISE. I’m all about clearing the junk out now that we are gearing up to move house. Getting rid of the crap and creating a simple wardrobe that I will be sharing on the blog soon is something that I’m working on right now.
I also want to upgrade my beauty routine because it’s been the same for a while now and I fancy a change. With the money I’ve made from selling off our unwanted items, I’m reinvesting it into my wardrobe and the new home. I’m hoping to create a minimalist fuss-free space that I know will do my health and well-being a whole lot of good.
HOW ARE YOU PLANNING TO SPEND SEPTEMBER? DO YOU HAVE ANY BIG CHANGES COMING UP? HOW WAS AUGUST FOR YOU?
WHAT IS YOUR WORD FOR SEPTEMBER?