Sausage, Fennel & Squash Courgetti – Celery and CupcakesCourse: Uncategorized
A healthy veggie-packed meal that all the family will love and can be ready in less than 30-minutes!
1 fennel diced
1 aubergine diced
1 butternut squash diced
1 courgette diced
6 Cumberland sausages (leave out if you want a vegetarian meal)
1 clove of garlic
1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Prepare the vegetables by dicing them into tiny parts and laying them flat on a greaseproof baking sheet with 2 tbsp coconut oil drizzled on top. Set aside after baking for 20-30 minutes or until thoroughly baked. This is something that can be completed ahead of time.
- When the vegetables are roasting, separate the meat from the skin of the sausages.
- Cook the diced fennel and sausage meat gently for 10 minutes in a skillet with a little coconut oil. Using a wooden spoon, break down the sausage meat so it resembles mince meat.
- Cook for 2 minutes before incorporating the passata, along with the grated garlic, fennel seeds, and chilli flakes.
- Allow the pasta sauce to boil for 15-20 minutes on a low-medium heat, until it has thickened and reduced.
- Remove the roasted vegetables from the oven just before serving and mix them into the sauce.
- Season with herbs, salt and pepper to taste and serve over courgetti or your favourite pasta.
- The roasting of the vegetables, which can be achieved ahead of time, adds to the cooking time. The preparation period is greatly shortened if the sausage meat is not used.