Winter Spiced Plum CompoteCourse: Uncategorized
A delicious sweet and sticky compote free from refined sugar but full of the flavours of winter.
12 plums (variety of your choice)
2-3 tbsps of Nativa or your prefered sweetener
1 cinnamon stick
2 star anise
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1-2 cups of water
- Remove the stone from the plums before washing and chopping them into segments.
- Cook on low heat for 15 minutes, stirring regularly, with the prepared plums and the remaining ingredients in a saucepan.
- Remove the fruit from the heat until it has softened and set aside to cool.
- Serve with yoghurt, porridge, bread, or as a cake coating on a delicious dessert.
- It can be frozen or kept in the freezer.